Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is not about giving Councillors a Freebie, with the ratepayers footing the bill and I'm not a part of the body who decides who's going, but I would think that it is up to the Chairman (Bernard Butcher) who decides who is on his table - it's his budget.

Every Chairman has a budget, they have done for years and it's not a large budget being as he/she is number one Citizen across the whole District with many functions he has to hold.
    The Chairman is the Civic side of the Council, the Leader is the Political side and it's the political side where the decisions are made and that is why Paul Watkins will be there - to talk to the many people Shell and other Corporate bodies are inviting.

Like I said many times before, this started out as a Corporate Gala Dinner to raise funds for the whole week-end's events and activities. If the tickets were just £50 you wouldn't raise anywhere near as much money and so the week-end couldn't go ahead.

For Dover to raise its game, we have to be able to show we can hold a big event and this week-end will be a big event.

Roger

end link