Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Lovely memories Lesley, our grandparents were special people from a special generation. My grandmother could make anything out of discarded or outgrown clothes or remnants, trained as a tailor's cutter and was always sewing at her machine. Grandad (boot and shoe maker) after he retired worked in his shed mending family footwear and tending his garden.

My mother was a hairdresser and was always being asked (by relatives and visitors!) just to do a little hair trim. You can't escape if you've got a skill!

Both were good cooks too, grandma was best at pastries and mother at cakes and bread. Grandma usually made a bottle of Advocaat for Christmas, putting washed eggs in their shells in a bowl covered with lemon juice, for a few days until shells dissolved, then all strained, and other things added like the brandy or rum and honey.
    The calcium made the liqueur especially creamy and thick.

Ah, memories ! I have written a lot of memories down, as I think they should not be forgotten.

end link