Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Courtesy of Peter Sherred.

Here is an opportunity to show just how delighted we are about Dover as we welcome Keep Britain Tidy Spring Clean Campaign 2019. John Morgan, Ken Read and I as veteran litter pickers in Dover over the years endorse this campaign and encourage as many individuals, organisations, property owners and authorities to participate in the campaign.

We are confronting a litter epidemic where our current culture seems to accept as the norm the idea of dropping litter in the open air which is detrimental to the amenities and for the environment of our town and villages. Many local people litter pick all year round but now this month long campaign is hoping to energise and galvanise our communities to tidy up and clean up our localities and it is great people are responding.

So well done to St Margaret’s Parish Council for the litter pick tomorrow at 10.30 at the village hall. Also on Sunday London Road Community Forum volunteers meet at 09.00 at Footprints to tackle Tower Hamlets Road to Cherry Tree Avenue element of London Road. On Saturday 30th Tower Hamlets Forum meet at 10.00 at Northbourne Avenue organising a clean up. DDC apparently will undertake a range of work on roadside clearances.

As a Keep Britain Tidy Litter Heroes Ambassador I urge everyone to support this campaign. Try adopting a street or road or green space and keep it tidy and on a longer term basis. I hope to be meeting representatives of Network Rail regarding removal of rubbish behind fences enclosing tracks. Much to do and so many responding - thank you and in a month’s time may we be all the more delighted with our town of Dover.

end link