Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have noticed a very interesting discrepancy here concerning the 'big screen'. On the forums it is treated like a descending god that will save Dover all on its own and woe betide anyone that says anything against it. Some of the attacks being quite personal and never getting beyond, "big telly good criticism bad" without looking beyond the chance to stand and watch football with a can of beer in hand. Away from the forum, whenever it comes up in conversation, in the street, in shops or in pubs, I have not found many in favour the more usual response being, "that bl@@@y thing". I would stress that I do not ever start such conversations as I am too aware of the impression that you are supposed to think of it as the best thing since the discovery of fire.
    I do hope that, now we are getting it, it does achieve all the miracles that seem to be expected of it but still think that the winners will be limited to the off-licence sales in the supermarkets.

end link