Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

PaulB - The BBC is paid for by taxpayers and its Charter requires it to be balanced in its news and current affairs.

It has been forced to openly admit a couple of years ago that it has an inbuilt pro-EU bias. Now, dont get me wrong, I would not characterise the BBC bias as exactly pro-Labour, but it certainly has a liberal/left bias displayed very clearly, which reflects in its reporting and that is of help to Labour. It does recruit almost exclusively from the Guardian after all.

I disagree about ITV but I do believe that Sky may well have a slight bias to the right. Howard - tv advertising helps boosts mass sales that reduce the unit cost and in that way the cost of tv advertising is absorbed. You cannot just look at an 'extra cost' for tv advertising added to products and think that is the cost of commercial tv, it just dont work that way. All business must market themselves and have a marketing budget commensurate with their businesses, without that they would not make sales and would fold. As I say volume sales bring down per unit costs and if tv was not used to generate high volume sales you would end up paying more for those goods and services.

Even a small business like mine has to have a marketing budget, in my case its £4500 pa, without which I could not operate.

end link