Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Several weeks ago that headline screamed out from the financial pages of The Times. You like myself will have seen the explosion in adverts on television telling you to pop your gold in a bag and to send it off to persons unknown. This didnt happen 6 months ago...then within a spate of a few days comparatively, something like 5 or 6 companies had mushroomed out of the blue and were TV advertising on a blitz scale.

Now they are even sponsoring individual programming. Now too they have even roped in ever tanned celebrity Dale Winton. How can they afford this level of advertising. How can they afford celebrities. Is it because you the viewer is paying through the neck... by NOT being offered a fair price for your gold.

The price of gold has clearly gone up but has it really gone to a level whereby so many companies can make a killing.

Now I see a news item that states the Office of Fair Trading has been asked to look into it...and so they should. There is something wholly suspicious about this gold thing.

But back to The Times. A woman complained to the newspaper about the measly sum she was offered. She sent her gold jewellery to Cash My Gold and was offered £74. It was clearly worth a great deal more so she said no. They then offered £200 and the woman said no again. The Newspaper intervened on her behalf eventually and the woman in question finally got £500. Many readers/ viewers would have or could have taken the first offer. Therein lies the big profits. So beware.

end link