Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was born and brought up in the lovely Town of Sandwich,and 25 years ago moved to Dover,and it that time it has gone downhill,I suspect it has been going downhill since the War,but I am Proud to live in Dover,and Proud to represent it on the Council.
    Yes it has got its problems and the 2 Andrews have justified points,I have spoken to Andrew Stucken and he knows my view point that I agree with much of what he says,but......things will get better and although we want everything yesterday the plans are close to being fulfilled.It will never be as good as everyone wants it to be,because we all want something different and we all want to see things that we will possibly never see,and remember its not my lot in at the DDC but things are moving but slower than we all thought.
    We live in a Town that is World famous,The Cliffs and The Castle are known throughout the World,my friends have just visited from America and they love this Town and the Area,I was listened to a group who were talking about Tourism in Dover and they were full of moans and groans,I listened carefully and said....

Tourists will never love Dover until we stop talking it down,when you Visit Australia they don't say come over here have a wonderful time and get eaten by Sharks!!or in the USA they don't say come to Florida visit Disney and MGM and get blown sideways by a Tornado,but We in Dover do have a habit of saying we have a Brilliant Castle,Superb Cliffs but.......Lets take the But out of Dover stop running it down,Yes we know it has problems but the more we highlight them the more depressing it gets and eventually everyone walks round looking at the poor parts and forgetiing the good parts..Lets start talking up DOVER!!!!

end link