Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The rules are in place for a reason and I believe it was to help with the child abuse whether it be sexual, physical or emotional, but these have all be taken to extreme. It is still very obvious in recent weeks that these rules don't work as well as they are meant to, too many children are slipping through the net

I think that it is the really the parents that need to be administering rules to their children and outside agencies to help support with those rules when it's necessary.

I would say it would be money better spent if there was support for pregnant mums and dads to learn basic parenting skills. Nobody is taught parenting skills, we pick them up from our own parents/carers/grandparents and hope we are doing the right thing, but there are so many people telling you what you should and shouldn't do. It can be so confusing for a new parent, and more difficult to ask for help when you get mixed messages.

end link