Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There is an issue with how much power a child has over its parent now and it is crazy.

Just recently my son witnessed a fatality of a friend and I feel he should have some counselling as he has some issues, mixed in with his teenage hormones to say the least it has been very trying. Yet when I have been for help, yes the authorities agree he may require some extra help, yet the decision becomes his, if he doesn't want it, then they don't help, and I have to still live with the difficult situation and it is so frustrating to say the very least.

The children of today know their rights, and they use them all the time, you can't smack me I will have you for abuse, you can't ground me I will have you done for imprisonment, you can't physically hold me back from going out I will have you done for abuse. They shout their rights so easily it really is a concern.

The parents are always put under scrutiny, but the bottom line is, the child has a lot more power than its parents these days and they know and use it.

end link