Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    This recently (2021) published little book will help anyone appreciate the architecture of the town (beautiful or otherwise). It's arranged as a series of walks with more detailed information in sections on the Maison Dieu, the Duke of York's, churches and Kearnsey Abbey/Russell Gardens.

It's a serious look, sometimes critical (often humorously); and if you can't tell your pilasters from your pediments, or your corbels from your voussoirs, then you may need a dictionary.

(ISBN: 9780956550965 for any librarians out there.)

Whilst I had hoped this thread would simply be a series of positive photos of beautiful Dover, as you have posted here WGS, would this book be of use to my daughter, in her first year of studying architecture at Uni? She's been walked to death by me around the town in her younger years when I've forced her to look at the beauty that is all around our town and of course our beautiful town has pretty much a section of every century going back to Roman times and beyond!

end link