Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I totally agree the BBC is really letting itself down in recent years. I totally agree with Barry in that that reporting takes a left of centre slant and this is really not what I want from the news. I would like to receive purely the facts and do the interpretation part myself! Unfortunately I feel that the BBC, and all the media to an extent, feel the need to provide an interpretation service, dumbing down so many important issues, confusing servicing the public with entertaining them.

It is also very clear that the media, especially the BBC is ridiculously constrained in delivering the full magnitude of any story in order to drip-feed the general public. Last year the blatant way in which they 'drip-fed' the general public with the notion that any kind of drinking whilst pregnant was unacceptable, a notion that at the time was not the same as department of health guidelines. I brought this very subject up with a good friend, working in the department and this seems to be the rather devious way in which the two organisations work to dupe the general public into believing that new ideas are actually old ones.

Which brings me onto the point that the BBC news has become a rather unashamed trailer show for other BBC broadcasts. If you believe that there are no adverts on BBC, think again! The amount of times that a news 'story' is finished with the line "and if you want to know more about...watch tonight's Panorama at 9pm"

I think the BBC has got a lot to do to substantiate the licensing fee. I was appalled last year to hear that the BBC was cutting funding to children's TV, something I feel it does to a world class standard. If I am going to pay a licence fee I expect a broad and quality service. Not an organisation that just ploughs more money into Eastenders (much as I like it) and period drama, just because of viewing figures and the fact that they can sell them on!

end link