Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sounds like the ship is cursed to me. My parents were on the cruise to Morocco that hit the papers last week encountering a severe storm in the Bay of Biscay.

The weather was so rough my father crashed into a glass door and couldn't stand up and loose items were smashed on the floor. Many of the passengers just sat on the floor wearing life jackets for much of the voyage. They were forced to dock in La Coruna before sailing on Bilbao in Spain where the local fishermen kicked up a stink as the liner was forced to berth blocking some of the harbour. Many passengers were then taken off to hospital due to injuries sustained. The cyclone which then blew up was 'off the scale' according to the captain and the worst he had seen in 15 years, so he was forced to abandon the cruise to North Africa and turn back to Cherbourg and Antwerp.

The bus trips were refunded, they were given a discount voucher for a future cruise, £75 cash, a few freebies and they got to see the Bayeaux Tapestry so not all was lost...but so much for North Africa this year!

end link