Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks Marek and Roger.

Yesterday I went to the cemetery to visit Arthur to take some more photos and notes for the monument restoration project. Along with some flowers I took two laminated signs listing who is buried where, plus a little about Arthur which I have now affixed to both graves (which I'll probably get a ticking off for) as a temporary measure until the work can begin. Hopefully that will be some time this century, don't get me started on red tape and officialdom - aggghhhh! I'm dealing with public bodies that require a committee being set up just to move a pebble! One person I've already dubbed the 'Merchant of Doom' because no matter how much good news I impart they try to turn it around into "But this can go wrong" or the classic sharp intake of breath followed with a low whistle and "Oh you can't do that". What ever happened to a 'can do' attitude? To say this is an uphill struggle is putting it mildly; one so called expert would be out of his depth in a puddle! Honestly it would be easier to get Arthur disinterred rather than restored, for that you only need a bishop's signature!

After I left the cemetery I had lunch and walk down the high street. I had been after a large bird bath for the garden (since seeing a beautiful one at Arthur's house in Frinton.) I hadn't seen anything suitable but yesterday afternoon I spotted one just the same in a shop. I went in and discovered they had none of that particular style on display. I asked a lady if they had any in stock and after sending a guy to check, she informed me they hadn't. I said it was a shame as I don't live in the area and she asked me if I could hang on for five minutes while she took it out of the window, dismantled it and put it in a couple of large bags. Not only that, she gave me a discount! I guess Arthur must have been saying thanks! I have course christened Arthur's bird bath!

end link