Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The latest issue thundered onto my doormat this morning, but it made me wonder. Do people actually look at this. Its an organ of the KCC, to the uninitiated, and up until now has been coming out 4 times a year. Dover District Council used to do one as well. which was of sometime interest, but they reduced the quality so much that it became impossible to read it, or to encourage you to want to read it. They printed it on bog roll level paper, although that might be an insult to bogrolls!

I dont know if the DDC one still rolls out. But Now ...HARK!! and you will be gutted at this I know. AROUND KENT will from now on only be produced 2 times a year. Cut from its prime time slot of 4.

People all over will be tearing their hair out. In the internet age Im not sure if these magazines have any value at all anymore, but reducing something to publishing just 2 times a year renders it fairly useless if it wasnt useless already. Its more an exercise for KCC than for its readers if you ask me.

KCC will save money, its a cost cutting recession biting move this...so as I guess a substantial amount of money is lost in Icelandic banks I reckon they feel this is the right way to go about recovering a few shillings. Might be more appropriate though to cut some of the exhorbitant salaries.

Hands up...does anybody read it?

end link