Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paulb
    Having studied/worked with/tried to help A FAMILY in the past, some posters will know who I mean,
    It became very frustrating when nothing happened!!
    Having had family completely change the face of a road, where the husband spends more time in prison than out, where the mother is not capable of bringingup the children(and had to many)
    where the parents the few times they are together argue in the streets at 7am on a Sunday.
    Kids either dont turn up for school at all, or turn up at 0950 thus affecting the schools figures through no fault of the school.

I recall sitting around a table with Cllr Wakden and Munt where a number of politicians, agencies sat around a table and all i was hearing was the human rights of this disruptive family the same family that had caused havoc across Dover and where they lived, causing people to sell up and leave houses they had lived in for years.
    oh yes cllr Watkins was also present.
    All these agencies told me that this family needed help(dont get me wrong i will help anyone who needs help, but this family had help from many different areas)and when I tried to explain that the family disrupted the road and surrounding roads where they live, and caused problems such as teachers having to stay behind after school bevause the mother turned up late to collect them!!
    And why should the whole community be disrupted for 1 family who have over a number of years been offered help, but refused, and continued to disrupt?

So wha 'm saying here is, this is probably a good move forward, but I'v been down this road before and seen a lack of action from anyone at the end of it, having encouraged locals to do statements, report issues, etc.

This is where agencies didn't work together in the interests of the wider community(and it hasn't changed)

So there is a glimmer of hope but in reality,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

end link