Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I never really understood this " hearts and minds " thing. Isnt it a load of ol westernised cock and baloney. How would an occupied country ever fall 'in love' with foreign interlopers, foreign occupiers. It didnt happen in England all those years ago, it didnt happen in Ireland when we had interlopers there, it doest happen anywhere. No it just doesnt happen.

One need look no further than Basra for the most recent example. Started off with all this hearts and minds baloney wearing berets and so forth and at the end of the day we were screaming loudly for heavy motorised vehicles, withdrawing to safety at the outskirts of town and to all intents and purposes 'holed up'.

I myself dont believe these very foreign wars are winnable, we the west do little more than dabble at the fringes, then we eventually withdraw and normal life, centuries old, dribbles back into place, the dust settles over the short term western influence and then forgets about it.

end link