Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Its long been the case Bern that the power companies prepare for an increased demand during commercial breaks. I remember that being discussed when I was a child. Its not such a big thing now because of multi-channel tv, back then, in the 60's it was a much bigger problem for the power companies.

As for the media. It seems to me that the media has seen increasing domination from the left. The BBC has long been a 'liberal/left' broadcaster and have admitted to a pro-EU prejudice.

Then there are many left wing newspapers, The Guardian, Mirror and so on. Even the Telegraph (once know as the 'torygraph') has been less than fully supportive of the Conservatives in recent years.

Then there is the internet. That surely has opened us all up to a variety of differing views. You need only to go to politicshome.com to see many media links, a lot of them to bloggers of the left and right to see that.

So no, I think you are wrong to claim that the days of a 'free press' are gone. There is much more variety of views than ever before openly available accross all media outlets.

end link