Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I saw the Russian/Georgian conflict unfold 'ball by ball' on Sky News. The whole business kicked off when the Georgians released some horrific firepower on South Ossetia, a region of its own country but a region very much affiliated with neighbouring Russia. The Georgian rockets and shells lit up the night sky in an awesome blitz which rained town on the Ossetian unfortunates. Iraq's annihilation of the Kurds lept to mind.

Then to my surprise a day or two later I read all about the same thing but presented totally diferently in saturdays Daily Mail. The Mail had powered in to indulge in the usual western pastime of kicking the Russians no matter what they do. Newspapers around the world followed suit in the usual anti Russian frenzy of inaccuracy.

The Russians had of course in the meantime, between that original live Sky news broadcast and the eventually printed newspapers, rushed in to defend their people in South Ossetia...but by now were being painted as the horrible aggressors by President Bush and everyone else with a Western axe to grind. But isnt this exactly how Western powers themselves operate when their interests or citizens are put at jeopardy.

One has to marvel at the different ways the news is fed to an all absorbing populace. Sky had the original raw news before the politically correct western spin was put on it by most of the rest of the worlds media. In the end we are always fed what they want us to hear.

end link