Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I popped over to Bluewater with the wife this evening. A person could live there - it has everything! Food, clothes, entertainment, technology, gadgets, gifts, holidays, books, phones, toys, newspapers, shoes, army recruitment, pirate ships... What the hell more could anyone need? And it's all under one glorious big roof which points skywards like a great temple of consumerism, where the masses gather to worship at the church of capitalism. Really, if these places were so bad for us all would we really be packing the places out day after day from early morning until late evening? I think not.

Less than an hour up the road, free parking, and just about every type of consumer bliss you can imagine. Hey the place even has a huge Mac shop for us Apple fans! Awesome.

Now please tell me where in Dover (or for that matter any other high street) you can get your hands on such amazing variety in a single area? Hmm?

These big shopping places, and the web, are not the future any longer. They are the NOW! They are what we've chosen for ourselves and we get more because we demand more. Some may call it dangerous, unfair, greedy, or whatever, personally I call it progress.

end link