Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Gary - sadly the cruise companies have a vested financial interest in selling coach trips to Canterbury and further afield. Only those who resist the hard sell take the time to walk into Dover and see what we have to offer.

How many years though have we been saying this about the travellers through Dover? I remember talking in the pub in the 1970's about how tragic it is that we dont capitalise on those coming via the Port. Nothing ever changes. Yes we do need to capture more people, get more to stay over, more to eat, drink and sleep here and to visit our attractions. It is easier said than done and I applaud the efforts of those like Roger who are applying themselves to this. More of course can and should be done and hopefully some of the projects currently being worked on and in the pipeline, as Gary says, will help with this. But it will only ever touch the surface and will not change the basic problem we have in attracting leisure companies. Maybe an expanded town with the increased housing will help but it is a long haul. I still suspect that the numbers will not work out to attract a multiplex, ice rink or ten pin here. I wish I could say diffferently.

end link