Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

TERRY
    You are correect this is another missed opportunity, and as you say venues are there.
    I have posted on this before a cllr many years ago did get 3 diffrent companies happy to run a bowliing alley at no cost to the council but sadly neither labour lib dem or tory ran with it, so that cllr has now joined the many frustrated EX cllrs and gave up.

SUE
    You are incorrect to say a MINORITY of youth play sports such as football, from schools football to volunteer footy a lot of youth play it, in very organised way.
    takng many youth off the street and helping them to stay healthy.

DT1
    Funny this, i usually agree with your posts, but not your last one im afraid.
    Whenever i visited all the local schools on a regular basis all of them were saying they hated travelling out of town and the poor transport as well as lack of feeling safe, so its not adults thinking for the young its the yoof themselves saying it.

Im lucky enough to be a volunteer for a club that includes youth so i get a rough idea of the ideas of the youth.

On the issue of the screen its here some like it some dont, but its here lets try to make use of it, and yep it was quoted to be used for local events and i hope thats still the case.

On the clarendon play area gone very quiet again aint it

On politics locally, bern its not correct to say politicians dont get on, realy under ANY govt the councils have little room to do much themselves and so it doesnt matter which administration was in control.
    Many of the present themes were started by the last administration and this administration has reaped the benefits.

There is also things like the high speed rail link, championed by many from all walks of life all political backgrounds(not 1 person) without all this support it probably wouldnt have happened.
    And this is just one example of many of parties working together.

I found in my short time on KCC/DDC that ANY party with big majorties stop listening and remove themselves freom local opinion,

It would better if parties got in with a 1 seat majority making them work and more importantly making the parties work together.

So theres always tommorow ????

end link