Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As I said in the Show survey we are looking to bring entertainment to Dover,first let me make this clear that having a venue that can only take 400 you will not get the A* entertainers unless you pay big£'s and ticket prices could/would be in excess of £30-£40.
    With that in mind we are looking to bring in value for money and good entertainment for everyone.
    In the last few days we have been in talks with agents,and hopefully if supported by the people of Dover this will be the first in a series of concerts in various venues with various acts.

We are pleased to announce our first concert.

On Saturday 05th September subject to signing the Contract we are pleased to announce.

An Evening with Richard Digance.
    at Dover Town Hall,start at 19.30 price of tickets subject to final arrangements but from £10.

Richard came to public attention with a regular turn on Live from Her Majesty's/The palladium and Summertime Special in the 1980's.Then had his own TV shows in 1985 with a 'Dabble of Digence' then in 1988 Abracadigence and in 1992 Richard Digance Greatest Bits.His famous works include 'Nursery Rhymes' and 'Remembers'.He is also a regular guest in dictionary corner on Countdown.

His three decade career has seen him awarded the British Academy of Composers and Songwriters Gold award in 2003 and has worked with Steve Martin,Robin Williams,Brian May of Queen,STATUS QUO, and Joni Mitchell.

He has recently written a book with Chris Kamara 'footynotes' which reached WH Smith's top 10 and even writes verses in greeting cards.

I saw Richard a few years ago and I never have laughed as much.If you have heard of him then you will know how funny he is,if you haven't believe me this man is sheer quality so make a note in your Diary's tickets will be available soon with a couple of local acts making an Evening with Richard Digance a night to remember.

end link