Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have read this thread with interest. All this talk about 'modernising' 'taking the middle ground' etc is just a load of ********. What the Labour Party really need to do is a return to honesty,decency,trusthworthy,caring and transparency.No more hype or spin but tell the public how it is for instance it is pretty common for most Labour MP's to continue to harp on about an increase in spending on the NHS but thats only a good thing if the service improves.Yes waiting lists are at their lowest in recorded NHS history but hospitals appear to be dirtier,more contaminated and in my experience fuller than ever before. So what I would like to hear from the Govt is a back to basics,scrap targets,reduce form filling,stop rebranding hospitals every other month,get rid of at least 50% of the management and put more nurses doctors surgeons and consultants back on the floor and out of the meeting rooms.

Policing requires more coppers pcso's and a higher visible presence.Crime Prevention is a far better option than crime detection.Reclaim City Centres for the townsfolk.It's more like the Wild West at present.This can only be achieved by a higher Police presence and co-operation and support of the public.So instead of Brown saying we have increased the Police budget by whatever % he should say that by the end of the year each town/city centre will be policed on foot from 5pm until 5am or whenever.With backup units ready to whizz off offenders leaving the beat Bobbies to do their job.

Honesty in the classroom.Better pay for Teachers,classes of no more than 20 pupils,free internet service.Discounted electric.Free milk for all Primary school kids. More Teachers asistants.These are the things I want to hear and once there in place better results will follow.But its crazy chasing targets where schools have classes of 35 and have a shortage of books materials and Educators.Lets get the basics right first.

I just want my MP to be honest and hopefully regain the trust that has been lost in recent weeks.

Sorry this post is a bit garbled but I fell out of bed and banged my head so have a whooping headache but hopefully you will get my drift forget the spin lets get working together not just seeing how much we can all make out of it.

end link