Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having been a life long labourite of over 27 years and a lefty at that I have found it sad that Labour has gone in the direction that it has.

I do fully understand the need to get elected to Govt, and under old Labour it was unlikely to do so, and would have great difficulty in getting out of opposition.

Labour is now in a real serious situation, at the moment its still clearly on this middle England route and unlikely to change.

It has to decide whether or not to return to its roots but to do so would make them unelectable.

I had no time for T Blair, but he knew whsat he was on, was a wonderful speaker and carried people with him for some time..

I hope this Tory Geezer elected as speaker is given the opportuniuty by both or all 3 major parties to make radical changes, whilst we may not have wanted him as our first choice, hes elected to do the job and im pleaesed it didn't come down to party lines.

It's going to be now the leaders of the parties gioving him support to make the changes.

The out of date way he was stumbled to the chair(an out of date tradition)looked realy out of place, old fashioned, and did little to my mind to inspire people.
    Even he looked very very sad at way it wasa done.
    Surely its time to move away and modernise from these out of date silly stuff.

end link