Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The longer Brown delays an election the worse it will get for Labour, in the same way that it would have been better for the Conservatives if Major had gone to the country sooner before 1997 or even if he lost in 1992.

Some believe, and I hope they are right, that after the longest ever period of Labour misrule and their traditional method of ending their terms of office, a financial crisis, being the biggest ever bust, that we will never see a period of Labour Government again. Certainly if the left get control they will become a fringe party competing with the Greens.

That means we will need a different opposition party. Whilst I hope never to see a Labour Government again, we do need an opposition alternative Government to have a healthy democracy. Will that be the LibDems? maybe UKIP (ohhhh I hope so.... unlikely though).

We shall see.

end link