Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes Brian you beat me to it with this one...I cannot see the need for this war at all. It is an odd situation, the Afghan war quietly slipped on full throttle, almost hidden under the umbrella of the Iraq situation. No fuss no mess kind of thing. Before we hardly knew it we were in there in a very tricky war, a war were warring factions for endless centuries couldnt succeed in making the region socially habitable. Its a barren deathtrap and everyone knows it.

We have thousands and thousands of troops there and are getting nowhere at all, now we are being re-inforced by the Americans in the hope that that will make some difference. But what difference??

Nobody seems to know what we are after, what we are chasing there, what our goals are. Some vaque idea about keeping terrorists of our streets here seems to be the soundbite...but I feel that to be poppycock

If we pulled out of the region altogether no muslim terrorist would be interested in blowing us up. Its us being overthere that causes them to want to do so.

end link