Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ah Captain, that made me smile . My job is to use my knowledge and expertise to try and deliver a better port for now and for the future and as a Board member I also speak on issues that arise for the community from decisions that are made in the Boardroom to the best of my ability.

I saw, and read, a misrepresentation of what was said by Doug Bannister at the scrutiny meeting and endeavoured to write the actual position as per the information that I have.

Keef, no, not angels. I find that like many legacy organisations the port doesn't always get it right and I think that the current regime is trying hard to do things better and to be more open than previous regimes have been in the previous couple of decades. They still won't always do what pleases everyone and sometimes they can't for reasons not always within their control.

Ray, no, i don't think that that is a fair assumption. My personal view is that whilst it may be necessary at times, and in order to meet ISPS requirements, to say that parts of the pier become temporarily off limits during some cruise calls, for a lot of the time, subject to some additional security checks, it should be possible to facilitate angling from the pier. As with many people, I'm hoping for a positive outcome from the process that the port's management has entered into with the DSAA.

end link