Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The question of morality is a society-wide one, howard. If one is in a society that peddles sex, suggests that those who aren't "doing it" are odd, or retarded, and dissociates sex from consequences such that it becomes merely an act in itself, it is extremely hard as a parent to attempt to teach morality in this context, and it is even harder for some people to understand that sex isn't compulsory. Parents do not parent in isolation.

If these adverts are "advisory", as I saw in one article this morning, then I'd suggest there's a good place for other advisory adverts on morality and consideration for self and others. The question should be addressed at a more fundamental level. Advertising "services" is merely obscuration. The message we should be sending is not so much how to stop a pregnancy, but whether that act of sex is appropriate in the first place. The idea of "choice" in contraception and abortion is already down the road of having sex, and other turnings that could be taken are not signposted.

(FWIW, by the way, my opinion is that that stance diminishes womanhood, as well - I for one am proud of my sex, and see no reason to emulate the biological functioning of a male, who can sow his seed and push off with no further role. And this also raises the social question of fatherhood for you men. Some of you already feel beleaguered because it seems that our society is edging you out of the responsibilities and joys of being a dad, and rendering you virtually redundant in childcare.)

end link