Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Very nice pictures on the front page Paul.

Re A20 (and A2) still gridlock in Dover at 1440hrs.
    I walked to my White Cliffs job at 0800hrs this morning and it seemed no-one had any control of vehicles entering Dover (no operation stack although tunnel not working and Calais shut).

Just back from the town which is empty (pity the poor shopkeepers on the busiest Saturday of the year). Pencester empty as no buses able to get in or out of Dover.

There must be a enquiry as to how the paid officials (Police/Highways) etc can get Dover into this mess yet again.Heads must roll and not the usual pathetic excuses.

Perhaps if Mr Brown put some money into the correct road infrastructure in Dover it might help. After all the freight is supposed to be for the benefit of the country as a whole. I understand the pollution levels without this gridlock is above the maximum EU health safety levels and I am sure if this was in France the A20 would be blocked until the Government done something.

During the day all side roads partially blocked ie Leyburne Rd/Taswell Street/ Godwin Road as people try to work out where to go to get to the docks because no police assistance.

end link