Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I just spoke to Nigel Collor - the freight vehicles parked at the lower end of Maison Dieu Road have been there for three hours. A driver parked on Snargate told me he had not moved for four hours!

We tried to get into work at the docks via Castle Hill and found it was blocked solid with freight. From our office window as I type in appears that Jubilee Way appears still to be closed - no traffic is trundling past at all.

The port of Calais is still shut, and one's heart goes out to the poor passengers trapped in the Tunnel all night. Forget the A2 completely! It looks as if the Immigration strike in Calais couldn't have fallen on a worse day for the union, the place is so disrupted, who will notice the difference?

Yet again the population of Dover trying to go about their business appears to be at the mercy of freight. Still, it looks pretty.

end link