Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic Matcham wrote:
    If you come to river turn left at the post office and go to the top of the hill and keep going turning left at the turning it is sighed posted you can go both ways to Folkestone that way just keep in the lanes and watch out for cars and horse coming the other way.DO NOT SPEED ALONG THAT WAY.You can even get to Ashford that way without going on the motor way ,

Great post. Thanks Vic. That's what a local forum's all about.

This is a right farce isn't it? What happened to operation Stack? I've seen the police jump into action before the queue hits the Roundhill Tunnel many times before. So what happened this time? If they'd kept one lane open they wouldn't have had to shut the valley and bits of the London bound A20 for "relief" traffic. I get that from Aycliffe to York Street it can't really be done at the moment, but that's a relatively short stretch.

Was passing the traffic lights at the A20 end of York Street last night just as they were setting up the block to stop people turning left from Queen Street. I asked if I would be allowed to turn left if heading for the music festival today. Extremely flummoxed and obviously busy copper told me he didn't know. Looks like that's that idea up the spout then. It should be simple. Through town, left after Queen Street, right onto A20 then left towards terminal. Home route would be Military Hill to avoid the queue. Simples right? I'm not really clogging up any routes, am I? I can understand not letting people turn left onto the A20 from York Street, but not the other way around. What am I missing here?

Hmm, If I'm made to turn right from Queen Street I suppose there's always Military Hill to Aycliffe. But then I'd have to park at Aycliffe and walk or risk joining the queue. Think I've decided to just walk. Better get going soon.

I'm seeing police's slow initial reaction = gridlocked town. Again.

I feel sorry for the tourists but local people can't get to and from work. We need Charlie to really lose his rag in the house over this. I want to see screaming, red faced, spitting rage from the bloke, not the usual plummy "this is just unacceptable" platitudes. That goes for the rest of the Kent MPs as well. If this regularly happened in London and affected their commute I'm sure they'd be straight onto fixing it.

end link