Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Henry was taken back toStMargaret,s Parish Church and the funeral took place on 12th September 1944,He is in a military Grave longside J.E.Kenway and N.L.Pettitt .The remarks section shows aP.I. Personal Inscritption was added to H.R.Matcham and J.E. Kenway,s headstones .
    The text of this inscription was chosen by the family .Also his name appears on the honours list stone inside the church and his name is read out on remembrance Sunday each year.
    There is Additional Information in Royal Naval Armoured car Division (RNACD)
    Henry was in that and this now follows as the last part of his life.
    The Royal Naval Air Service engaged in inter service rivalry on land as well as in the air,possessing for a time the UK,S ONLY mechanised land forces in the form of the RNAS, Armoured Car Section made up of squadrons of Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars, Commanded by Commander Charles Samson who Henry Matcham served long side him. there is more parts to add to this but I will end the story at this point. Thank you for the very nice remarks you all made in my notification.

end link