Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am so totally with Bern on this. Bern have you noticed than when some people know they're wrong they get all defensive and stroppy? lol
    Right - Bern has said nothing about disabled people - but I'm going to. My husband is disabled, he has MS, and has great difficulty walking. He goes on a P&O ferry with a friend about every other week and thoroughly enjoys it. The friend he goes with doesn't smoke so if he wants one he goes up on deck 8 or 9. Sometimes she goes up with him sometimes not. Oh and incidentally Brian - there are lifts up as far as deck 7 so he only has to walk up one flight of stairs!! His attitude is that if he wants to smoke he needs to be away from people who don't like it. If his legs are very bad on the day he goes without until he's off the ship - as Gary said, surely an hour and a half isn't long to go without. At home he goes outside to smoke out of consideration for me and any visitors we have, specially the grandchildren. He doesn't smoke in the car either. I also agree with Bern about some smokers smelling of cigarettes - I hate that too and it makes me feel sick as well. I must admit I do smell it on my husband sometimes but at least he tries to keep it away from us, and he doesn't moan about it either!!
    Passive smoking kills as Gary said - would you be happy if a madman with a loaded gun was running wild? Just as lethal.
    Smoking is anti social, dangerous and smelly ......... oh and for the record, I gave it up 32 years ago!

end link