Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Absolutely Bern

For too long Dover appears to have been saddled with councillors who seem incapable of doing more than talk the talk, in fact often they do not even do that leaving their constituents in the dark.

We need councillors who are totally "can do" but also capable of telling us what is going on. Before Paul or Nigel or BarryW point it out, I recognise the need to respect commercial confidentialities that sometimes limits what can be said, however, this is not a reason to tell us nothing. (As a project manager I too have to manage the information flow to my many stakeholders and often due to commercial or regulatory sensitivities cannot tell the whole story, however it does not stop me regularly telling them as much as I can/am able to.) Or is this a case of local politicians recognising that knowledge/information is power and fearing putting power in our hands?

end link