Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I see from the latest Dover District Council @ your service magazine (p5) that Dover Pride have "put out a call to the UK's artistic community askiing for submissions to produce a selection of creative images or text based works which can be reproduced for use on hoardings and shop windows over the next few years throughout Dover Town. Under the banner of "Dover Visuals" the successful artist will adopt a creative approach to interacting with the local community and liaise closely with the Dover Pride Team who will be responsible for the production and installation of the finished pieces in May."

Now much as I applaud this I have a number of questions that are not answered in the above quote:

1. Why are we not looking to local schools to contribute art pieces? Perhaps giving each school in the town its own set of windows or hoardings to design pieces for and getting the public to vote on their favourite piece.

2. If not schools then why not run a competition for local artists and photographers to provide positive/imaginative or interesting images of the town and selecting the top 50 to use around the town?

3. If this is a commission for a single artist as the piece suggests who chooses the successful artist?

4. How much will they be paid?

5. What is meant by adopting a creative approach to interacting with the local community?

Perhaps a councillor or member of the Dover Pride Team can answer?

end link