Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As I don't seem to be getting very far with a problem that I had two months ago I thought that I would make public my e-mail sent this morning.

"Attn Rose Zielinski.

Dear Ms Zielinski,

I will if I may précis previous events and correspondence.

On Sunday 16th March while packing my shopping the top came off a bottle of floor cleaner. The liquid soaked my shirt, splashed my face and, had I not been wearing glasses, would have gone into my eyes. The lady at the check-out merely asked if I wanted a replacement. I responded by saying that if the bottles were faulty I most certainly did not want one. I then had to ask for a paper towel in order to wipe my face and glasses. I asked the lady to report the product and advise me what was being done about it. I was told that I would have to go to customer services. I made the point that I was soaking wet with cleaner (the ingredients might have been anything) and had no intention of queuing up to explain what had happened. I asked her to put on her red light to summon someone to take details while I continued to pack.

The young man who came repeated that I would have to go to customer services.
    I stood my ground and made a fuss whereupon he did take details which included the product and our Clubcard number. It seemed to me that the two people involved had no idea about what to do in what was to my mind a health and safety situation.

Hearing nothing, I e-mailed details on 31th March and had an auto reply.

On 22nd April, over one month after the event, I had an e-mail from you containing the following:-

"Our Store Manager, Mr Peter Watson, has been informed of your complaint and was also very concerned about what had happened. You will be contacted as soon as possible, once the matter has been fully investigated."

I have heard nothing from Mr Peter Watson. I would have thought that after two months he might even have found the time to lift the telephone and I am so appalled at the lack of customer care that it is likely that we as a family will no longer shop or buy petrol from you store. This is a great pity as most of our weekly shopping had previously taken place in the Dover store. We now find that we are unable to purchase such a wide range of goods in the other supermarkets and spend a lot more time visiting several stores instead of one. Also the convenience of being able to purchase petrol on the same site was an added attraction."

Terry

end link