Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Back in Deal for a while, I'm amazed how well the town is doing.

Walking back from breakfast in Wetherspoons (staff wanted both bar and cleaning) I passed Iceland (staff wanted), a barbers (staff wanted) and a little ye olde type tea shop (staff wanted).

Zero street sleepers/beggars apart from the Eastern European peasant who arrives each day by train to wish me a Merry Christmas and tries to sell a copy of the Big Issue.

Poundland are about to move into the old M&S and there is not a single shop front to lease in town! (though somehow a number of them have managed to get their shop fronts improved with £10,000 grants from DDC!)

Talking to local estate agents houses are selling as fast as they are advertised with over 50% going for above the asking price.

Driving back from following the Hunt this morning I noticed diggers by the White Mill off the Sandwich by-pass where they are building a water park of all things! (just down the road from the excellent new Starbucks, Greggs, fuel-station and Travelodge).

https://whitemillswake.co.uk/

Life is good.

Just shows you what can happen when council just leaves people to get on with stuff rather than micro-managing their lives.

end link