Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

A disturbing report on the BBC this morning said that up to 9,000 ex military personnel/veterans are now in jail here in the UK. These are alarming figures and are or should be of great concern to everyone.

It begs the following 2 questions...

1. Are the bulk of military personnel recruited from the criminal classes to begin with?

or

2. Are the bulk of the military personnel having trouble adjusting to normal life after years of service?

No 2 is probably more likely to be the case although once upon a time, I dont know if it applies now, the court case guilty were often offered life in the army instead of a sentence at her majesty's pleasure. But yes if indeed it is no 2 then its a shocking state of affairs. We have lethaly trained individuals, unable to adjust to normal life, wreaking allsorts of havoc in normal society.

I mean whats a lethaly trained soldier to do in civilian life...work in Burtons?

I dont know what the answer is...analysis?? psychiatric confinement??

end link