Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I was on the FE7 from Dover to Zeebrugge that night. It was a bit lumpy to say the least. I had a good dinner and a few Brandies and went to my bunk. I had to sleep with my back to the bulkhead and using my arms and legs to say in the bunk! Still, I had a good nights rest eventually.

I woke up several hours later and, looking at the sky from my bunk thought, "blimey, that's the greyist sky I've ever seen", and then the FE7 rolled and the sky came into view. I was looking at the sea!!!

The Chief Purser had organised brekkie in the cabin for me, and a full English with a big mug of tea hit the spot for me. It took a total of about 12 hours to do the crossing and get into Zeebrugge harbour, so definitely not for the feint hearted for sure.

When I got home we'd had a very large tree blown down onto the drive. If I'd been at home my car would have been crushed.

end link