Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi everyone.

I am really keen on taking part in the Manchester swim in july. I new to open water swimming, I can swim a mile in my local pool in about 33 minutes, naturally I want to improve this by july. I swim front craw and complete the mile without stopping. I from the lincolnshire are, Grimsby to be more specific. I could do with some general advice for the event. Also I not sure what outdoor swim suit to go for, I've seen a few for around the £130 which may be cheap but its my first one and I'm not sure how much outdoor swimming I will get to do around here. If anyone has any training tips or advice on suits that would be great. Also I could do with a mile post, What sort of time should I aim for in the pool to compensate for outdoor swimming? How else can I prepare myself for the event. Probably should mention that I am 35 and 6 foot 4 inches, not an athlete but my fitness levels are about adverage I would say. I not aiming to win it or anything but I'd like to do well, ish. Anyway any help would be great.
    If anyone comes from this area or close has any idea where I could get some outdoor water experience, that would be great.

Thank you.

end link