Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Have to disagree Howard about the impartialness of the BBC. I can`t comment unfortunately on their coverage of the european elections as I wasn`t here at that particular time. However, from past experience, I have seen Nigel Farage often given a particularly hard time when interviewed by various BBC newspeople. That`s fair enough, he`s there to be questioned of course, but I don`t in the main see politicians from the other party`s getting quite the same treatment.

Only recently when I made the mistake of listening to BBC Radio Kent I found their typical attitude to UKIP. There was a "round up" of the weeks news stories and understandably for them the JA "incident" was their major talking point. There were three guys in this discussion programme and all three were critical of UKIP for various reasons and each of them stated that they would never vote for them. Again, fair enough if that`s their opinion, but I didn`t see that as a balanced or fair discussion and hardly impartial. Nobody was giving a viewpoint from the other side so to speak.

Then of course we have the so called "balanced" studio audience for their Question Time programme which to me often seems to have planted a more than fair share of lefty militant activists.

I understand also what you say about Gorden Brown, but at the time that was our prime minister, not a comparatively minor political player. His utterances were also made in a somewhat vitriolic manner, annoyed at the elderly woman that he had just met, unlike I would suggest those made by JA.

However, perhaps it`s just a simple case of us individuals perceiving things in a different light, but personally I wouldn`t give the BBC particularly high marks for "impartiality".

end link