Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Having served my community as both a Parish and District Cllr I can honestly say that I did not profit in any way, often out of pocket in fact.
    My greatest reward was helping community members thro' the red tape to realise their projects. During my time as a Cllr local people, working with such passion and conviction, were able to source help and funding for: a new community centre incorporating a health suite and youth centre, a preschool playgroup, bring two redundant shops back into life, provide play facilities, establish reading programmes at the primary school, find funding for a development worker, refurbish the sports pavillion, fit a new kitchen in the resource centre......
    I could go on. I was NOT the only active Cllr and many of my fellow cllrs, with support from some brilliant council officers, made huge differences to their communities. Many continue to do so.
    Some people go into politics for the right reasons, few for the glory.

end link