Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Of course Keith B goes on dangerous ground, as you recall it was the UKIP Kent party to which he has such high thoughts of
    and a member of that said it would sort out the Expenses at KCC

first speech by UKIP leader on KCC was about how nice the tories are!!!
    and that his party should get even bigger expenses!!!!!!!

now back to the thread,

I know peter Wallace who does connect well with the electorate, and I disagree with Roger trying to give the impression hes some kind of neutral whilst peter Wallace is political,
    Peter(like roger(/) joined the council to help communities.

So lets look a bit deeper into this debate(iv tried before, but it ended up with parties closing down, and ridicule) but I will try again.

So, having mentioned Kent(Dover) UKIP double standards on Expenses/allowances no wonder there quiet
    apart from maverick member, who of course has the freedom to say what he likes(quite right to) but no idea if UKIP Dover supports his views.

on to allowances in general;

I firmly still believe decisions should be made as local as possible, Town councils(with the right people ) is a good starting point, but allowing local communitiies to run there own communities in a far bigger way would be another way forward.

Of course having 3 councils KCC DDC DTC is 1 or 2 to many, and the cost of DDC(£25 million?)
    KCC(£2billion) so maybe looking at an East kent council worth looking at.

If, as I suspect we wont get there, even with the present structure, although to heavy, cllrs could be reduced on all the councils by quite a large number.

its a complete joke in priory to have 4 town councillors 3 District councillors and 2 county councillors
    all falling over each other.

Councillors are not accountable apart from 4 yearly elections, and moves have always been resisted to make them more accountable.

Maybe 15 full time cllrs would be a good start, but with that accountable to the electorate day to day and able to find options for an early exit if not up to scratch. not sure how this could be done, but worth a debate.

that will do for starters

end link