Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Much of what is discussed here is sheer speculation and the answers will come from the negotiations which will take place between Team Scotland, as Alex Salmond puts it, and rUK between the result of the vote and Independence Day. A few points however: It is not so much the Trident Subs but the nuclear weapons which will be difficult to move and these will require negotiations with the US as they own these weapons which are stored separately to the subs. Peter is right in what he says and if currency union talks fail there are three other possibilities for Scottish currency (Plans B,C and D if you like) which includes a Scottish currency. As for passports then Scotland would issue their own passports. If Scots decide to stay in rUK then would they not use their rUK passport to visit foreign countries. I would remain here with my English wife and like many others would apply for a Scottish passport as indeed would my wife. Dual nationality like my daughter who has UK and NZ passports. Likelihood is that passports would not be required for travel between England and Scotland, similar to the Ireland/ UK situation. As far as jobs coming south it has ben announced that RBS (80% owned by the UK government), Lloyds Bank (30% owned by the UK government) would move their Holding companies south but that would be relatively few jobs. This could well be a political move prior to the referendum. Standard Life are considering their options but have a track record of this in past referendums.

end link