Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is not aimed just at Keith!

Question: if Lansley goes, if Cameron reneges on his plans for the NHS, if all the plans and stategies already in place are up-ended.........what then?

This NHS is buggered, to be blunt. Some exceptional surgery is needed to resurrect the patient, who will resemble but not be what it was decades ago, because it is no longer decades ago.

Question: would you be happy for your GP to use out dated equipment, old brass stethescopes, non-digital diagnosis tools, perhaps a carrier pigeon instead of a telephone or computer? Probably not - because they are no longer relevant to todays medicine in todays world. You would, I assume, expect a degree of expertise, commitment and vigour? Well, those don't get thrown out along with steel kidney bowls and starched nurses caps (I once had one that took 20 minutes to put on and came with what felt like hundreds of clips - I got it caught in the curtains around someones bed once. Pain??!! Yes!!)

Stop fighting change - the characteristic of the Old and hard of understanding - and try to ensure the best outcomes instead.

end link