Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am always remind off a news item where a woman was having her hair done in Essex and saying that the benefit she still got even though household income over 40k was hers for treats. This with the fact the average wage is something like 25k and my combined income with wife does not even touch that.

The wage should be like the living wage as a nmw and as other article stated if the base wages go up more money is spent, more goods brought. The money goes from bottom up not top and stays there. There is also the issue of benefits that are paid which enable it to be taken as a living as pays more than working. Like the tax system the welfare system has loop holes and people take advantage of it. Things I would like to see.

1. Working pays more than being on benefit
    2. Welfare is for those in need
    3. Tax system (corporate as well) as a whole is fair and just
    4. Education a cornerstone and provided to 22 including university (or vocational). All in school to 18 then vocational or uni or apprenticeship or work.
    5. Universal NMW so that 18 year olds actually earn the same as others. As at present it is just exploitive in my opinion and would show the worth of working.

We can all come up with examples of how things are abused or holes escaped through, but I do think if we got back to where people wanted to work and rewarded for it then it would be a good start. And having education so that there is always a supply of skills.

end link