Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Barry I worked from the age of 15 and was never unemployed, had a good apprenticeship with the N.C.B. before joining the army. When I came out of the army I went onto the shop floor as a vehicle mechanic and ended up with my last 30 years of working life with the E. Kent Bus company now Stagecoach and retired as an Engineering Manager.

Would I change anything probably not other than I may have stayed in the forces longer so I lived my working live as I wanted but I never ever had to live on a low wage or claim from the State so I consider myself very lucky. Kids today can often not just leave school and get straight into a job or get one where the pay is good. I support the minimum wage because I see it as a line in the sand where a Company should not drop below. I strongly believe that to go back, to do away with the minimum wage will allow some Companies to pay low wages and exploit their staff.

£6.31 an hour for over 21 is hardly a living wage these days if you are single let alone married, to pay less to someone should never happen.

end link