Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Lesley Ives wrote:
    Barry, I take umbridge at your comment that " businesses are not Charities". I have very close dealings with a Charity which IS an employer and I can assure you we have well payed, above the min wage, staff. All have pension rights and are well looked after. We value their contribution to the Charity and could not afford to be without them.
    I am sick or hearing excuses for treating people like dirt, and that is what the pathetic attempt to justify bad employers is.

Where was I talking about charities? I was referring to commercial businesses full stop. Charities have different objectives and priorities - some charities just happen also to be the worse employers/landlords/customers to have incidentally. They are not all 'good employers' in the same way that some of the worse employers have also been the Trade Unions.

The best way to deal with a 'bad employer' is to be able to tell him to stick his job and to do that you need a prosperous economy providing the jobs. Government interference, rules, red tape restrictions and high taxation damage all business the good along with the bad. As I said you should trust the market to sort out the good and bad, it is the best way. The bad will not survive long.

end link