Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

BarryW wrote:
    Only Milliband will gain from this and this action pushes the prospect of a referendum further away. So it is very perverse for you to gloat David.

His defection weakens the Tory right in Parliament.

I like Carswell but his action today is illogical and he, a Tory right libertarian, will find the authoritarian right UKIP very uncomfortable bedfellows.

Barry as you know I enjoy your blogs and discussing politics with you, we broadly agree on many things. However your post sums up the problem the tories face and precisely why Carswell has left.

As I pointed out when we last met, the hierarchy, led by Cameron, simply don't represent the backbenchers and conservative membership. Instead of wailing that Milliband will benefit (frankly I couldn't care less) you have to ask why Carswell has acted so boldly. Actually, you know the answer.

More worryingly for you, this is just the start, Tory MPs with a small majority and a threat from UKIP will be talking to Carswell.

Still time to climb aboard the UKIP express Barry, far better than clinging on to a sinking ship

end link