Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Back from travels abroad to find a twitterstorm afoot!

What I can't work out is what exactly the man has said to cause the furore.

The Arab Sovereign Wealth Funds are made up of descendants of the Bedu tribes of mighty warriors who back in the 14-18 conflict helped in bringing down the Ottoman Empire.

Riyadh museum proudly displays amongst other photographs one of King Abdulaziz's raiders on their way to recapture Riyadh back in 1910:-

They would appear to be riding camels!

As for his disparaging remarks about the Taliban they are indeed a scruffy looking lot of buggers. Unlike the aforementioned Bedu tribes or the magnificent Berber Tuareg of Mali who at least take some care over their appearence.

I would not be surprised if our armed forces referred to them as Frost did, within a military context, any more than the ubiquitous use of the word 'gook' by the US Forces in Viet Nam as evidenced in countless history books and Hollywood films.

Perhaps I am wrong and one can shoot an enemy combatant but not call him names?

As for the 'frogs' here he was indeed wrong and should have referred to 'Our European Partners'.

Perhaps we shall see, when he next stands for election, if voters prefer bland blamelessness or flawed authenticity?

Anyway nice to be back. Anything else happened over the past month?

end link